Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Since the U.S. EPA is no longer functional here are the states with their own EPAs that will have to protect those states now
- Sand Fire information from CALFIRE
- More U.S. soldiers in World War I died from the worldwide flu pandemic than from the war
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- European colonization of the Americas killed 10 percent of world population and caused global cooling
- Some allegations have been corroborated, while others remain unverified regarding the Steele File
- Fauci concerned by 'disturbing surge in infections'
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
"You Lie!" is it racist?
Is Congressman Wilson's harassment of Obama overt racism? Probably not. But to me it is an example of something far more troubling in this age. Covert Racism. People in the past who would have called Obama the N word now are afraid to do so because they don't want to be considered racist. So people who are now racist are afraid to admit it even to themselves. It is sort of like a good Catholic man who is married and having an affair might not even be able to admit to himself he is having an affair. In a similar way people today who are real racists can't even admit to themselves that they are racists. It is a form of polite denial that harms everyone. It harms the person who is unable to admit either to themselves or publicly that they don't like black people because it is impolite to do so these days. But it doesn't stop people who have these feelings anyway from having these feelings. And of course they will be offended when accused of being racists because in todays culture one cannot even admit to themselves if they are racist, most especially if they are white.