Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- I had never heard before of the Rakoczy Mansion in Transylvania
- The Art of War - Wikipedia: Sun Tzu
- Natural Gas futures jump to 2 week high over more heat
- GPS Satellites were invented when magnetic North and South moved to fast for useful navigation
- Dow Drops 2,997.10 today: Record Drop!
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- The Latest: Investors unsure how virus will impact profits
- See Which States and Cities Have Told Residents to Stay at Home
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
"You Lie!" is it racist?
Is Congressman Wilson's harassment of Obama overt racism? Probably not. But to me it is an example of something far more troubling in this age. Covert Racism. People in the past who would have called Obama the N word now are afraid to do so because they don't want to be considered racist. So people who are now racist are afraid to admit it even to themselves. It is sort of like a good Catholic man who is married and having an affair might not even be able to admit to himself he is having an affair. In a similar way people today who are real racists can't even admit to themselves that they are racists. It is a form of polite denial that harms everyone. It harms the person who is unable to admit either to themselves or publicly that they don't like black people because it is impolite to do so these days. But it doesn't stop people who have these feelings anyway from having these feelings. And of course they will be offended when accused of being racists because in todays culture one cannot even admit to themselves if they are racist, most especially if they are white.