Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
"You Lie!" is it racist?
Is Congressman Wilson's harassment of Obama overt racism? Probably not. But to me it is an example of something far more troubling in this age. Covert Racism. People in the past who would have called Obama the N word now are afraid to do so because they don't want to be considered racist. So people who are now racist are afraid to admit it even to themselves. It is sort of like a good Catholic man who is married and having an affair might not even be able to admit to himself he is having an affair. In a similar way people today who are real racists can't even admit to themselves that they are racists. It is a form of polite denial that harms everyone. It harms the person who is unable to admit either to themselves or publicly that they don't like black people because it is impolite to do so these days. But it doesn't stop people who have these feelings anyway from having these feelings. And of course they will be offended when accused of being racists because in todays culture one cannot even admit to themselves if they are racist, most especially if they are white.