I have read several articles about Urumqi and the problems China is having with Muslims and conversely the problem the Muslims are having with the Chinese. It is obvious to any internationally informed observer that China is in for it in the long run regarding its Muslims and other religious and ethnic minorities living within the borders of China.
How China chooses to deal with the many minorities in China will likely decide whether China becomes more and more respected throughout the world or becomes a nation more like North Korea or Burma, whose governments are almost universally despised because of the way their people are starved and mistreated.
So, I would say the whole world is watching what China does now and wondering if they can respect and be supportive to the New Modern China or not. Much will depend on the answers to these questions from the worldwide populace.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Arcane first came to me around 1980 then Elohar and Ragna a year or two later
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- Google, Facebook, Neuralink Sued for Weaponized AI Technology
- God in Buddhism: Wikipedia
- Apple rebukes DOJ over Pensacola iPhone encryption battle