I have read several articles about Urumqi and the problems China is having with Muslims and conversely the problem the Muslims are having with the Chinese. It is obvious to any internationally informed observer that China is in for it in the long run regarding its Muslims and other religious and ethnic minorities living within the borders of China.
How China chooses to deal with the many minorities in China will likely decide whether China becomes more and more respected throughout the world or becomes a nation more like North Korea or Burma, whose governments are almost universally despised because of the way their people are starved and mistreated.
So, I would say the whole world is watching what China does now and wondering if they can respect and be supportive to the New Modern China or not. Much will depend on the answers to these questions from the worldwide populace.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge