I have read several articles about Urumqi and the problems China is having with Muslims and conversely the problem the Muslims are having with the Chinese. It is obvious to any internationally informed observer that China is in for it in the long run regarding its Muslims and other religious and ethnic minorities living within the borders of China.
How China chooses to deal with the many minorities in China will likely decide whether China becomes more and more respected throughout the world or becomes a nation more like North Korea or Burma, whose governments are almost universally despised because of the way their people are starved and mistreated.
So, I would say the whole world is watching what China does now and wondering if they can respect and be supportive to the New Modern China or not. Much will depend on the answers to these questions from the worldwide populace.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Should I Give My Son A Used Lamborghini As His First Car?
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- Sanskrit: Om Mani Padme Hum
- Took a fall in Kahului the day I left
- Uncle Tommy Travels Time from dragonofcompassion.com
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has warned for years that increasingly intelligent machines will dominate humans and turn us into their pets
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- In 1980 I was a survivalist for awhile which in some ways is similar to a "Prepper" today