I have read several articles about Urumqi and the problems China is having with Muslims and conversely the problem the Muslims are having with the Chinese. It is obvious to any internationally informed observer that China is in for it in the long run regarding its Muslims and other religious and ethnic minorities living within the borders of China.
How China chooses to deal with the many minorities in China will likely decide whether China becomes more and more respected throughout the world or becomes a nation more like North Korea or Burma, whose governments are almost universally despised because of the way their people are starved and mistreated.
So, I would say the whole world is watching what China does now and wondering if they can respect and be supportive to the New Modern China or not. Much will depend on the answers to these questions from the worldwide populace.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Plant-Based Filter Removes Up to 99.9% of Microplastics from Water
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A Longer History of the Internet
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- How He lives without money
- Autobiographical Essays on My Life
- Here's a repeat of the articles about Iguanas falling out of trees because they are frozen and cold blooded in Florida