There is a book that was advertised on the Daily Show by its author. It is called:
Denialism "How Irrational Thinking Hinders Scientific Progress, Harms the Planet, and Threatens Our Lives by Michael Specter.
Though I was interested in the topic what I found most interesting of all is that left, right and center all three have things they live in denial about. I have always looked at life in this way so this really made sense to me.
It is one of the reasons why I voted for almost every President that has been elected since 1968. It is because both parties do some things well and always mess some things up. And sometimes total centrists try to please everyone and end up accomplishing nothing. I hope Obama doesn't continue to be a crowd pleaser because those kind accomplish nothing as President. So I hope he twists some arms and gets the Health Care Bill passed and Brings the boys and girls home from Afghanistan as soon as possible before our country gets anymore bankrupt than it already is.
So, I believe in always looking at what is best for my country and not only my country but all humans on earth and all life on planet earth and beyond rather than ever looking at any one party line.
So, it doesn't matter who is in denial about what. If each of us is an adult and tries to think hard and to make the best decisions for ourselves and everyone else that we can, hopefully we won't be fooled by too many idiots running for office. Hopefully, there still will be a United States with a President, and Congress and people who live here with rights and obligations 100 or 500 or 1000 years from now.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Plant-Based Filter Removes Up to 99.9% of Microplastics from Water
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A Longer History of the Internet
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- How He lives without money
- Autobiographical Essays on My Life
- Here's a repeat of the articles about Iguanas falling out of trees because they are frozen and cold blooded in Florida