My idea has been the last 6 months or so to recreate the Civilian Conservation Corps. of the 1930s so that unskilled men and women 16 to 25 don't have to starve but instead could be fed, clothed, sheltered and work on public projects from fixing roads to rebuilding National Park infrastructure to rebuilding our collapsing bridges. This might also be helpful to returning single Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans until the economy recovers as well as their enlistments are up.
If High School Volunteers can become EMT volunteers 24 hours a day running ambulances and saving lives, unemployed and many times homeless 18 to 25 year olds can be taught trades and skills to survive in these difficult times.
We don't know how long it will be like this without regular jobs for 10% of the populace. But if people aren't given food or clothed or sheltered this can only spell trouble. So, for the people that aren't willing or capable of going to college we could have a civilian conservation corps. It would give people purpose, feed them, train them and send them on their way as proud Americans making their country better just like during the Great Depression under FDR.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Plant-Based Filter Removes Up to 99.9% of Microplastics from Water
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A Longer History of the Internet
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- How He lives without money
- Autobiographical Essays on My Life
- Here's a repeat of the articles about Iguanas falling out of trees because they are frozen and cold blooded in Florida