My idea has been the last 6 months or so to recreate the Civilian Conservation Corps. of the 1930s so that unskilled men and women 16 to 25 don't have to starve but instead could be fed, clothed, sheltered and work on public projects from fixing roads to rebuilding National Park infrastructure to rebuilding our collapsing bridges. This might also be helpful to returning single Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans until the economy recovers as well as their enlistments are up.
If High School Volunteers can become EMT volunteers 24 hours a day running ambulances and saving lives, unemployed and many times homeless 18 to 25 year olds can be taught trades and skills to survive in these difficult times.
We don't know how long it will be like this without regular jobs for 10% of the populace. But if people aren't given food or clothed or sheltered this can only spell trouble. So, for the people that aren't willing or capable of going to college we could have a civilian conservation corps. It would give people purpose, feed them, train them and send them on their way as proud Americans making their country better just like during the Great Depression under FDR.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- NordicTrack and Weight lifting
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- Limitless pills (like the movie are for real) however, caution is advised (deleted article)
- The Fox News general who 'spooked' Trump out of attacking Iran
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- A former 'Mythbuster' built his own bulletproof Iron Man suit. It can fly, too.
- Iranian boats attempted to seize British tanker
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Europe's 5G difference: Unlimited data without a big surcharge