I was sitting in my Hot Tub(outdoor Spa) looking up at the stars and rain clouds passing quickly overhead tonight and the (light bulb) went on in my head. Virgin Galactic is positioning itself to build a cruise ship in space(space station hotel) by developing and selling seats for a trip 300,000 feet into space. One thing will build the next in the business world over the next 25 to 50 to 200 years depending upon how fast the world climate degrades into something difficult to live in on the surface. So for now the richest Trekkies that want to go into space for $200,000 can visit 300,000 feet or approximately 56.8 miles into space and look down at the earth and go weightless for awhile in a space ship called "The Enterprise".
Another less talked about thing is that this trip into space might be a painless vasectomy or getting your tubes tied. Because likely there is better than a 50-50 chance you won't be able to have kids after you do this but you still will be able to have sexual relations. This is well known by astronauts that ride the space shuttle to the Space station. The rule is: "Have all the kids you are going to have BEFORE going into space." So, this sort of leaves out most people under 40 or 50 years of age.
So, since most people don't have a free $200,000 for this sort of thing until they are at least 40 this should be a consideration as well.
I suppose there might be a way to freeze embryos or just eggs and sperm and by putting them in lead shielded containers until they landed on another planet to keep the capacity for reproduction alive in humans. But for now, unless there is some scientific advance I'm not aware of there is no way for people to reproduce the old fashioned way after going into space. So this also means just putting several hundred or several thousand people into a space ark and sending them somewhere just isn't going to work because they won't be able to reproduce the old fashioned way.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Plant-Based Filter Removes Up to 99.9% of Microplastics from Water
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A Longer History of the Internet
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- How He lives without money
- Autobiographical Essays on My Life
- Here's a repeat of the articles about Iguanas falling out of trees because they are frozen and cold blooded in Florida