Begin quote from above article:
--the midcentury theologian Reinhold Niebuhr declared: “Man’s capacity for justice makes democracy possible; but man’s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary.”
As we look around the world we see the truth of this. However, it is also true that many nations have had to adapt democracy to their particular needs. For example, there is the English Style, The French Style, The German Style, the Italian style, the East Indian Style, the Brazilian Style, and the U.S American style etc. etc. etc. And there will obviously be many many more to come as it seems to be the only thing that keeps totalitarian ambitions in check and that also keeps greedy investors in check enough so all the common people don't just starve. The world right now is testing democracy in a very hard way. We will see in the amount of blood spilled or not spilled worldwide in the next 20 years what system emerges and what variations of democracy the people who survive will choose for themselves.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- February 3 coronavirus news
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265