One of our bedroom doors has been sticking for years and finally my wife said, "Fred, you've got to fix this." So I went down to the garage and got my plaining tools, a safety draw knife, a wood chisel, a small electric saw and hammer etc. (Obviously, I don't have door hanging skills or I would have just lowered the door a 1/4 inch to 1/2 an inch. But from past experience that could, for me at least create more problems than it might solve).
As I was finishing up the door plaining I noticed my daughter was watching the first Harry Potter movie on TV. Since I have always considered Harry Potter a play on the Hippy movement of the 1960s and 1970s and since I lived through that era as a young adult and young parent I have always considered Harry Potter to be very funny and playful in an educating sort of way. I sort of see its correlation in a very playful entertaining sort of way of educating a little about the whole Merlinesque ways of thinking. It is very Ancient Celtic and Druidic and even animistic in a sort of whole world way.
Since all religions originally sprang from animism as the original religion on earth we pay homage and honor our most ancient ancestors by entertaining ourselves with some of their ideas in an older childs and adults storyline.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- Coronavirus cases spike as China sacks senior officials
- February 3 coronavirus news
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- An Increase of 15,000 cases of Coronavirus in China in one day!
- The Radical Possibilities of Not Paying Your Student Loans
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265