Monday, February 22, 2010

Jin Shin Jyutsu:The art of circulation reawakening

I inherited from my parents their workbook given to them by Mary Burmeister in 1971 when they took her Jin Shin Jyutsu course in Southern California. If I remember the story correctly my father began to have Mary work on him with her father's form of Shiatsu that he was taught in China when he thought he was dying. This method of treatment saved his life in his late 20s and then he returned to his native Japan after learning this in China and taught it to his daughter who married an American soldier after World War II and then brought Jin Shin Jyutsu to America and taught it to many people including my parents.

You all know what acupuncture is. Well. Jin Shin Jyutsu predates acupuncture. It takes longer than acupuncture but through Jin Shin Jyutsu one can learn to self treat as well as treat all the members of their family and friends. So this means that one member of a family takes a course any many many can then benefit.

Jin Shin Jyutsu is similar to Shiatsu or "Acupressure". Next to me is sitting a book filled with all the acupressure and accupuncture meridians and nerve centers in a human body. By releasing the tension toxins through finger pressure and then you then hear the gurgle within your stomach as the toxins release there and you also feel the tension leave your body through these treatments.

Let me share my personal experience with Mary Burmeister when she treated me for a football playing injury when I was 12 years old in Southern California in 1960. I kept fainting because of a nerve pinch in my neck or back because of the injury. In fact, one day I was singing Bass in the church choir next to my Dad during a Sunday performance and fainted backwards off a 4 to 5 foot high riser during the performance. Luckily, my father was alert and didn't let my head hit the hard floor by jumping off the riser and catching my head. So, my father and mother took me to see Mary who worked on my meridians through acupressure treatments of Jin Shin Jyutsu. My experience within about 20 minutes was to feel very amazing and begin to experience many colors in the air before me as my tensions released from the muscles and bones that had been out of alignment from my injuries. But the colors I saw as my nerves and muscles and bones came into alignment is something I have never forgotten.

My God Daughter's live in boyfriend recently had a back injury at work and had to seek acupuncture treatments and he also experienced this amazing set of colors when the body reorders itself and comes back into normalcy and health through these kinds of treatments. So, when my God Daughter told me of this it took me back to my first experience and treatment at age 12 by Mary Burmeister in 1960 with my parents.

No comments: