begin quote from nytimes online article above:
The decision by Mr. Blair to begin his annual testimony before Congress with the cyber threat points up the concerns among American intelligence officials about the potentially devastating consequences of a coordinated attack on the nation’s technology apparatus, sometimes called a “Cyber Pearl Harbor.” end quote
I have been researching about this lately online. It appears that another country could theoretically conduct a "Cyber Pearl Harbor" against the United States and might get away with claiming it was either someone else(some other nation) or a Mafia organized crime kind of attack and bring down internet business and communications within the United STates or Europe or both for some time.
But in an even worse scenario a nation (or organized crime) could shut down all web based computer transactions and communications which could allow a blind spot for a nation to conduct a physical attack against the U.S., Canada and/or the European Union.
The vulnerabilities shown to the cyberintelligence community during the attack on Google has shown many that all the old rules of cyberspace are now "out the window".
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Plant-Based Filter Removes Up to 99.9% of Microplastics from Water
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A Longer History of the Internet
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- How He lives without money
- Autobiographical Essays on My Life
- Here's a repeat of the articles about Iguanas falling out of trees because they are frozen and cold blooded in Florida