Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wicked: The Broadway Musical

We just got back from Wicked, which is playing at the Orpheum Theater on Market Street in San Francisco.We went to the 8pm Saturday night Performance. It was amazing! I just expected sort of a fairy tale kind of experience. But what I got was about 100 times better than I could have imagined. Not only was the music and the singing and the lyrics and the acting and every thing totally amazing but it was not a fairy tale at all. It was likely the most meaningful play or story I have heard in a long long time. It spoke to the ambiguities of everyday life and of good people being falsely vilified toward selfish ends. It spoke of people's lives being crucified and twisted and ended and changed by power plays above one's station in life. I was moved to tears by the story more than once and came away with a very adult take on what I had heard and witnessed there. Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I highly recommend it for thoughtful people everywhere and for people that just want to be entertained!

No comments: