Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Lightning Thief: The Movie

Since we didn't get to go to Oregon to visit my daughter this Valentine's Day weekend we made up for it by watching 4 movies at the local Cinema. Avatar 3d (3rd time for me), From Paris with Love, Valentine's Day, and today we watched Lightning Thief.

I think "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" is my favorite of all the ones I watched for the first time since thursday. I have always seen the universe sort of like the Greek Pantheon. It always made the most logical sense to me of all the different religions and pantheons on earth. So, watching this movie was almost believable in a sense to me. Because I kind of see some of the physical under girdings of our Galaxy somewhat like this. So, possibly every Galaxy has it's own Zeus and Hera and pantheon of Gods and Goddesses and Demi-Gods like you and me. So, I loved this movie. My daughter didn't want to go because she read all 5 books of the series written so far and didn't want to be disappointed like many people are of all films made of their favorite books. However, I didn't read the books and I loved it.

No comments: