If you are driving any Toyota made vehicle (with the possible exception of the Prius) and your accelerator pedal sticks simply shift into Neutral with your shift lever.
Don't turn the ignition off because your driving wheel will lock. Though your engine might rev up above red line, you will still be able to use your brakes to stop the vehicle. Once the vehicle stops in a relatively safe place then turn your ignition off. Don't worry about the screaming engine because your life (lives) have been saved.
I had an experience with a 1956 Ford stationwagon on the Glendale Freeway when I was 16 in 1964 and almost crashed at over 95 mph when my accelerator pedal stuck. My best friend(a year older than I) simply turned the ignition key off. However, you can't do that now with the locking steering wheels on vehicles. So, the only thing to survive a stuck gas pedal is to put your vehicle into neutral and just let it scream into red line while stopping your vehicle and then as soon as you are stopped turn the ignition off and be grateful you all survived.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- 158,008 visits to intuitivefred888
- A bad apple season has some U.S. fruit growers planning for life in a warmer world
- Writing about Angels and your experiences with them might help mankind through these difficult times
- Another problem of the 3rd Industrial Revolution
- Critical Atlantic Ocean current system is showing early signs of collapse, prompting warning from scientists
- Global Positioning Satellites: (GPS) from Wikipedia
- The main problem with the 3rd industrial revolution?