Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
There is a very bad flu here in the Greater San Francisco Bay area. My son who is a nurse woke up early this morning and was throwing up a lot. Later he said to take him to Doctors on Duty to get a diagnosis as he thought he might be dying as this was not like any flu he had had in his 37 years. Luckily, even though he was sort of scared by his symptoms it turns out it is just a very bad flu that hurts very bad and that children might die if not given things like pedialyte to keep them hydrated. When my now 16 year old daughter was 2 1/2 years old we almost lost her to dyhydration (losing all her water in her system). This is something children often die of. So, if your kids get this don't wait to take them to a physician or you might lose them. We almost lost our daughter and she spent about 5 days in the hospital with an IV in her arm before she recovered enough to take her home. My son says he cannot eat for another 24 hours and then he will be very sick for about 3 to 5 days from this. I cannot imagine what would happen to someone who had to work or was homeless with this because it might be fatal as it often is to children who are not re-hydrated(given enough fluids to replace those coming out both ends) properly in time worldwide.