Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
First Blast of Solar Storm not as big a problem as expected
It turns out that the X5.4 solar storm hit the Southern Hemisphere instead of the northern hemisphere. So there wasn't the fireworks because the southern hemisphere was the same polarity as the storm. However, if it had hit the northern hemisphere then it would be like when you short out electrical wires and see sparks. However, there still should be some amazing northern lights.