Mr. Toobin who is a lawyer and who watches the Supreme Court Proceedings for CNN TV says he thinks the individual mandate is in trouble from what he saw today. Harry Reid Majority Democratic Leader of the Senate says in regard to his own experiences with supreme courts in States and Federal Cases that often Supreme court Justices don't telegraph their final votes in his long experience. Who is right we will have to wait until June to find out their final opinions. However, if Obamacare does pass I now believe it likely won't be an 8 to 1 passage but more likely a 5 to 4 passage if it does.
The nytimes.com has a 2 hour presentation that you can listen to of them discussing all this live from the Supreme Court. I found it interesting the kinds of questions from Justices like: paraphrased: "What about making all U.S. citizens pay for their funerals when they are young so society doesn't have to do it? Or what about having everyone join an exercise gym so their health problems would be less? I found these two questions valid and I too, have some reservations about giving congress literally infinite power to enter "Every citizen into required business contracts for life."
Even if you fully agree with Obamacare on every level, the precedent of this Law might create more and more required economic encumbrances for every U.S. Citizen created by future Congresses. So, the Supreme Court HAS to look beyond the good or ill created of Obamacare forward 100, 200, or 300 years and what the precedents of passing Obamacare as a Supreme Court could or will create. They don't want a slippery slope that infinitely encumbers all citizens into a Governmental Corporate economic snare ongoing that potentially could infinitely expand economically through time.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.