When I was growing up there was always a lot of talk about "The Generation Gap". However, now I experience this myself and often feel like a dinosaur when talking to my 16 year old, 23 year old and 37 year old. I was innocently trying to explain all sorts of things to my kids this weekend and I guess I just have to get used to the fact that only my 37 year old actually gets who I am because I was only 26 when he was born and so he knew me when I was young and not just in my 40s, 50s, and 60s until 63 right now. So, I find they either can't or don't want to understand what I'm trying to share with them to save them all the pain I had to go through to learn all the difficult lessons and things I have learned so far. I guess "You can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink". That just about explains everything.
The following goes along with this: "You can't teach anyone anything. The best you can do is to be an example of what you want to teach" Because "Do as I say not as I do" doesn't work at all.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Elon Musk - Wikipedia
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur
- reprint of Fred's Magnetosphere Theory
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- What is a GUI? (It is a very quick way to get from one web page to another) (without having to type in many words and numbers)
- Jakarta Is Sinking So Fast, It Could End Up Underwater
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.